Google+ Spices in the Cookie Jar: Oats chicken soup - A guest post!

Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Oats chicken soup - A guest post!



I am a very happy gal today!!! You might be thinking why? Well, today I did my first guest post for Humi, who blogs @ Gheza-e-shiriin. It's been only a few days since we came to know each other. So, you can imagine my surprise when Humi asked me to be a part of her Ramadan celebrations by doing a guest post on her blog. I was extremely thrilled not just because of the fantastic opportunity to blog on Humi's wonderful space and be a part of her celebrations but also because this is my very first guest post. Thank you Humi, for presenting me with this chance to do a guest post and be a part of a wonderful event. :) Since the post was related to Ramadan, I decided to blog about something healthy, nutritious and filling. 
During the holy month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world fast from morning till evening and what better way to break the fast than with a healthy, warm and delicious Chicken and Oats Soup. My mom always made this soup for Iftar and I used to fill up on it, so I called her up to get the recipe and recreate it in my kitchen. It's a very simple recipe and takes very less effort, which is very important when you are working full time, fasting and trying to get food on the table, in time to break the fast. This hearty soup is like a blanket of warmth, it's warm, comforting and helps you cope with the dreaded cold days we have been experiencing here as well... ;)


Ingredients:
  • Butter - 2 tablespoon
  • Onion - 1 medium, chopped fine
  • Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
  • Beans - 1/4 cup, cut thin
  • Carrot - 1/4 cup, minced
  • Chicken - 250g
  • Oats - 1/2 cup
  • Chicken stock or water - 2 cups
  • Milk - 2 cups
  • Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
  • Salt as required
  • Pepper as required
To read the rest of the post, hop over to  her wonderful blog! :)



4 comments:

  1. Thanks Aish for being a part of this celebration .loved having you at my space. And ofcourse knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humi it's been a pleasure knowing you and thank you for having me on your blog and letting me be a part of the Ramadan celebrations... :)

      Delete
  2. came over from humi's space... lovely post you have shared there... glad to follow you... :)
    http://sweettoothraf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rafeeda,
      thanks for coming over to my space, great to have you here...
      do try out the recipes...
      cheers
      A

      Delete